SUPERVISED BY : BHT SuperviserThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
POSITION / INDIVIDUALS SUPERVISED : None
POSITION PURPOSE :
The purpose of the BHT is to assist in providing a safe environment for individuals while they are in our care. The BHT assists in the admission process, answers patient questions and assists patient in adjusting to the program routine. The BHT is the liaison between the patient and the nursing / clinical staff to report any changes in the patient’s physical or mental condition. The BHT is responsible for supervising patients during the program with emphasis on patient safety and wellbeing.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION : Graduation from High School or GED. Must have working knowledge of 12 Step community based recovery.
- EXPERIENCE : None
- LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION : CDCA certificate and CPR preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE :
- General knowledge of addictions and mental health complications.
- General knowledge of 12-Step Recovery Program.
- Knowledge and competency in problem solving, stress management, ethics and team building.
- General knowledge of alcohol and other drugs that includes:
- Alcohol and addictive drugs and their physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual impact on the individual.
- Alcohol and addictive drugs and their impact on the family.
- Ability to determine if a medical emergency exists and to take appropriate action, when necessary.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures used in case of alcohol and/or drug overdose.
- Knowledge of the stages of alcohol and other drug withdrawals and ability to take appropriate action at each stage.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Municipal laws and/or regulations that regulate the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction, including :
- Patient Rights
- Professional Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of airborne and blood borne pathogens (TB, HIV, AIDS, HB) and risk reduction methodologies and the use of universal precautions.
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities not delineated in the job description which are related to work as a member of an addiction treatment team.
- AGE SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS SERVED / RESPONSIBILITY : Adult
- SECURITY MEASURERS AND CLEARANCE : None
- EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION : Non-Exempt