POSITION : Counselor Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO : Clinical Director
SUPERVISED BY : Clinical Director
POSITION / INDIVIDUALS SUPERVISED : None
INTER RELATIONSHIPS :
Maintains open communication lines with facility staff, attending clinicians and physicians, clients and families. Liaisons with community agencies, vendors, and payors of health services.
POSITION PURPOSE :
The Counselor Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of Patient care activities as directed by the attending physician, Medical Director and Clinical Director. He/she will be responsible for assisting Primary Clinicians with patient caseload and will provide support in group, individual, and family sessions. Will conduct bio-psychosocial assessments. Collaborates with the Treatment Team to formulate the Master Treatment Plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION : CDCA required.
- EXPERIENCE : A minimum of 2 years’ experience in chemical dependency – psychiatric setting.
- LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION :
- Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant Certification
- CPR certification preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE :
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Client Confidentiality laws.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
- AGE SPECIFIC INDIVIDUALS SERVED / RESPONSIBILITY : Adults
- SECURITY MEASURERS AND CLEARANCE :
- EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION : Non-Exempt