Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communication
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Include you in a hospital directory
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Raise funds
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
• Treat you
• Run our organization
• Bill for your services
• Help with public health and safety issues
• Do research
• Comply with the law
• Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
• Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
• Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
• Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record
- You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
Ask us to correct your medical record
- You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations. We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. We will say “yes” unless a law requires us to share that information.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated
- You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information on page 1.
- You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
- We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
For certain health information, you can tell us your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Tell us what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions.
In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in your care
- Share information in a disaster relief situation
- Include your information in a hospital directory
If you are not able to tell us your preference, for example if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
In these cases we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
- Most sharing of psychotherapy notes
In the case of fundraising:
- We may contact you for fundraising efforts, but you can tell us not to contact you again.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run our organization
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for your services
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.
Help with public health and safety issues
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
We can use or share your information for health research.
Comply with the law
We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we’re complying with federal privacy law.
Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
We can share health information about you with organ procurement organizations.
Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
We can share health information with a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director when an individual dies.
Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
We can use or share health information about you:
- For workers’ compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
Other Instructions for Notice
- Insert Effective Date of this Notice
- Insert name or title of the privacy official (or other privacy contact) and his/her email address and phone number.
- Insert any special notes that apply to your entity’s practices such as “we never market or sell personal information.”
- The Privacy Rule requires you to describe any state or other laws that require greater limits on disclosures. For example, “We will never share any substance abuse treatment records without your written permission.” Insert this type of information here. If no laws with greater limits apply to your entity, no information needs to be added.
- If your entity provides patients with access to their health information via the Blue Button protocol, you may want to insert a reference to it here.
If your entity is part of an OHCA (organized health care arrangement) that has agreed to a joint notice, use this space to inform your patients of how you share information within the OHCA (such as for treatment, payment, and operations related to the OHCA). Also, describe the other entities covered by this notice and their service locations. For example, “This notice applies to Grace Community Hospitals and Emergency Services Incorporated which operate the emergency services within all Grace hospitals in the greater Dayton area
- How Lumiere Healing Centers utilizes your Personal Information;
- How Lumiere Healing Centers protects your Personal Information;
- The types of Personal Information collected by Lumiere Healing Centers;
- The way and manner Lumiere Healing Centers shares your Personal Information with third parties;
- How you can contact Lumiere Healing Centers about privacy concerns and/or questions; AND
- How you can choose to prevent Lumiere Healing Centers from using your Personal Information.
Personal Information Collected by Lumiere Healing Centers
Lumiere Healing Centers collects “Personal Information,” which includes names, telephone numbers, addresses, health information, and email addresses, in the following manner:
- When Lumiere Healing Centers live chat software is utilized;
- When Lumiere Healing Centers contact forms are submitted;
- When Lumiere Healing Centers “Email a Friend” service is utilized; OR
- When you participate in an online Lumiere Healing Centers survey.
Lumiere Healing Centers also collects “Non-Personal Information,” which is information that cannot be used by Lumiere Healing Centers to directly identify you. Non-Personal Information is collected via:
- Web Browser Cookies;
- Web Beacons;
- Lumiere Healing Centers Mobile Device Applications; AND
- External Sources.
Lumiere Healing Centers reserves the right to collect Non-Personal Information, even if you have not registered with Lumiere Healing Centers, or have not provided any personal information to Lumiere Healing Centers.
Can I Choose Which Personal Information That Lumiere Healing Centers Uses?
How Does Lumiere Healing Centers Utilize My Personal Information?
Lumiere Healing Centers uses the Personal Information collected from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with access to Lumiere Healing Centers services and tools;
- To provide you with relevant administrative communications;
- To provide responses to your inquires;
- To obtain your feedback regarding Lumiere Healing Centers websites and product offerings;
- To perform statistical analysis of your Site activities and behaviors;
- To provide you and similar users with access to relevant content based on shared interests and demographic characteristics;
- To send secure electronic communications and personalized emails in the form of announcements, reminders, opportunities, and news to you about relevant health interests; AND
- To send important offers and materials provided by Lumiere Healing Centers sponsors.Lumiere Healing Centers sometimes combines the Non-Personal Information and Personal Information it collects, and sometimes also combines both types of data with information collected by external parties. User Non-Personal Information is sometimes used to display relevant advertisements that reflect the preferences and interests of the Lumiere Healing Centers community.
With Whom Does Lumiere Healing Centers Share My Information?
Lumiere Healing Centers only discloses Personal Information to third parties, when you specifically consent to the disclosure, or when the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with legal requests, regulations, laws, subpoenas, court orders, or search warrants;
- Allow vendors and suppliers to proceed in their provision of services and/or products on Lumiere Healing Centers’ behalf;
- Respond to corporate changes in control as a result of bankruptcy, merger, or asset sales; OR
- Respond to specific situations, such as physical threats to you or others.
Lumiere Healing Centers will not provide Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes, unless your consent has been obtained.
How Does Lumiere Healing Centers Retain and Secure Personal Information?
Lumiere Healing Centers has put administrative, physical and technical safeguards in place in order to ensure the sufficient protection of all collected Personal Information.
Contact Lumiere Healing Centers Today
250 Thelma Avenue, Jupiter, FL 33458
The Collection of User Personal Information
Registering With Lumiere Healing Centers
Electronic Communications From Lumiere Healing Centers
You can opt-out of receiving Lumiere Healing Centers promotional communications at the time that you sign up to receive Lumiere Healing Centers newsletters and other electronic communications. You can also unsubscribe from Lumiere Healing Centers newsletters and other Lumiere Healing Centers electronic communications by following the “Unsubscribe Me” instructions located at the bottom of the Lumiere Healing Centers electronic communication.
Lumiere Healing Centers’ “Email a Friend” Service
Lumiere Healing Centers provides the “Email a Friend” Service so that you can share information about Lumiere Healing Centers products, services and newsletters with your friends. In order to use the “Email a Friend” service, you must submit the intended recipient’s name, their personal email address, and your personal email address. Once this information is submitted, Lumiere Healing Centers automatically sends a one-time invite email to the friend that lists your email and name as the email sender contact information. Lumiere Healing Centers will not utilize the provided friend information for any other purpose beyond sending the email, and will not use any information beyond that which was provided to submit the email requested.
Lumiere Healing Centers Public Forums
Lumiere Healing Centers provides user connectivity services by providing blogs and other public forums that are accessible through the Lumiere Healing Centers Site. Users can visit these forums and connect with other Lumiere Healing Centers users suffering from similar health issues and to meet those who have similar interests. Users can also use Lumiere Healing Centers forums to present health questions to relevant health experts and other users. These forums are public in nature, and in no way can be considered “private”.
All information, whether personal or non-personal that is shared via any Lumiere Healing Centers public forum, online community or chat room is considered public, and is not “private”. As a result you should carefully consider before posting your Personal Information on any Lumiere Healing Centers forum. Remember that all information posted on a Lumiere Healing Centers forum can be easily viewed, collected and disclosed by a third party without Lumiere Healing Centers’ consent. In fact, Lumiere Healing Centers cannot predict or control how Public Information posted on a Lumiere Healing Centers public forum will or may be used, or abused by other third parties, and cannot ensure that such third parties will not use Personal Information as a means to contact you in furtherance of any unauthorized purpose. As is the case with all online public forums, information provided on a Lumiere Healing Centers public forum could potentially be returned via third-party search engines.
Here at Lumiere Healing Centers we understand that mistakes can happen. As a result, you should contact Lumiere Healing Centers if you have mistakenly shared any Personal Information on a Lumiere Healing Centers public forum. Use the Lumiere Healing Centers Contact Use page to submit a removal request in order to have mistakenly shared Personal Information removed from a Lumiere Healing Centers public forum. In certain instances, Lumiere Healing Centers might not be able to remove the requested Personal Information.
User Email Communications With Lumiere Healing Centers
The Collection of User Non-Personal Information
Web Beacons & Cookies
Lumiere Healing Centers uses Web Beacons and Cookies to collect user Non-Personal Information during the use of Lumiere Healing Centers Web Sites. “Web Beacons” are defined as the image files that are embedded in web pages in order to monitor user activity on web pages that collect your browser information, which is subsequently returned to a web page’s home server. Relevant browser information collected by Web Beacons include the IP address or the browser type being used to access the Lumiere Healing Centers website. “Cookies” are defined as those data files installed on the hard drive of the computer that was used to view the Lumiere Healing Centers Site. Lumiere Healing Centers assigns cookies to all computers that access a Lumiere Healing Centers Site.
Both Lumiere Healing Centers and Lumiere Healing Centers third-party contractors have the right to use both Web Beacons and Cookies as a means to obtain Non-Personal Information as it relates to Lumiere Healing Centers Web Site usage.
Mobile Use Optimized Sites & Mobile Device Apps
Lumiere Healing Centers’ use of Web Beacons and Cookies on Lumiere Healing Centers Mobile Sites is governed in the same manner as desktop sites. A user’s right to reject Lumiere Healing Centers’ Cookies when accessing a Lumiere Healing Centers mobile site is outlined in greater detail in our “Can I Choose Which Personal Information That Lumiere Healing Centers Uses” section.
Can I Choose Which Personal Information That Lumiere Healing Centers Uses?
Removing or Updating Personal Information
It is important to note that it will not always be technologically feasible for Lumiere Healing Centers to remove every instance of Personal Information provided to Lumiere Healing Centers. However, Lumiere Healing Centers will do its best to fully respond to all removal requests.
Lumiere Healing Centers users also have the option to either “Opt-Out”, or unsubscribe from receiving electronic communications from Lumiere Healing Centers in the form of newsletters and or personalized emails. Follow the instructions at the bottom of Lumiere Healing Centers electronic communications to unsubscribe or opt-out of future electronic communications from Lumiere Healing Centers.
Users can choose to reject Lumiere Healing Centers Cookies by changing their browser specifications to reject Cookies. Users who reject Lumiere Healing Centers Cookies may have issues with using Lumiere Healing Centers Web Sites, which might not work properly as a result of the Cookies being rejected by their browser. It must be noted that opt-out services provided by Lumiere Healing Centers require that Lumiere Healing Centers Cookies be accepted by your web browser because Lumiere Healing Centers opt-out processes utilize Cookies in order to allow the opt-out processes to function properly.
How Does Lumiere Healing Centers Utilize User Personal Information?
The information that Lumiere Healing Centers collects from you is used by Lumiere Healing Centers to:
- Provide you with information about, and access to Lumiere Healing Centers services, resources and tools;
- Respond to inquiries sent to Lumiere Healing Centers about its’ products, sites and services;
- Obtain your feedback regarding the use of Lumiere Healing Centers Web Site, products and services;
- Analyze your activity and behavior, in particular the frequency of your visits to Lumiere Healing Centers sites;
- Provide users who share similar interests and characteristics with access to relevant advertisements and content from the Lumiere
- Healing Centers Web Sites, and from other third party sites;
- Send personalized communications (emails, news releases and reminders) to you about relevant health issues;
- Send promotional materials and offers on behalf of Lumiere Healing Centers sponsors.
When Lumiere Healing Centers utilizes your information, they sometimes combine Personal Information with Non-Personal Information that’s been collected, and this information may also be subsequently combined with additional information provided by external third parties.
In addition to providing standard electronic communications, Lumiere Healing Centers also delivers personalized communications that have been created based on Personal Information provided to Lumiere Healing Centers. This form of electronic communication requires that you choose to opt-in, by authorizing the collection and use of your Personal Information.
Research and Measurement Activities
Lumiere Healing Centers sometimes combines the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information it collects with information that Lumiere Healing Centers accesses from third parties, in order to measure and research the effectiveness of Lumiere Healing Centers content, tools and programs. The information that Lumiere Healing Centers accesses from third party could include gender, age, personal interests, purchase activities, demographics and other pertinent data. Lumiere Healing Centers reserve the right to provide aggregate information gained about users to Lumiere Healing Centers business partners and advertisers.
This aggregate data is maintained in a manner that prevents the ability to identify individual users. Lumiere Healing Centers does not sell any Personal Information to third parties, unless they are third party contractors who require access to Personal Information in order to perform contracted services. In such instances, Lumiere Healing Centers third party contractors agree to not use provided Personal Information for any reason beyond performing the services contracted for.
Who Does Lumiere Healing Centers Share User Information With?
- Respond to physical threats to you or others;
- Assert or defend legal rights or to provide protection to property; OR
- Respond to legal requests as a result of search warrants, court order, subpoena, laws or regulations.
Lumiere Healing Centers may provide Non-Personal Information, such as browsing history, to third party advertisers and service providers who will employ said Non-Personal Information in order to assist Lumiere Healing Centers in delivering advertisements via the Lumiere Healing Centers Web Sites.
Disclosures & Lumiere Healing Centers Contractors
Disclosures & Third-Party Web Sites
Some services, content and advertisements offered on the Lumiere Healing Centers Site are often from companies other than Lumiere Healing Centers (“Third Party Sites”). Lumiere Healing Centers will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any Third Party Sites without your express consent, However, Lumiere Healing Centers is not responsible for, and does not endorse the Privacy Practices of any Third Party Web Sites, and you are responsible for reviewing the Privacy Policies of Third Party Web Sites that request your consent in exchange for access to Personal or Non-Personal Information.
How Does Lumiere Healing Centers Retain & Secure User Information?
Lumiere Healing Centers employs reasonable security practices and procedures in order to ensure the security of your Personal Information. Lumiere Healing Centers either encrypts the transmission of all Personal Information provided by you, or transmits Personal Information through the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connections.
Lumiere Healing Centers retains the Personal Information it collects for as long as your Lumiere Healing Centers account remains active, and as long as needed to deliver services. At any time you have the right to remove Personal Information from your Lumiere Healing Centers profile, and to request that Lumiere Healing Centers remove your Personal Information from our records. However, it must be acknowledged that it is not always technologically feasible to remove every instance of your collected Personal Information. Lumiere Healing Centers also retains relevant user Personal Information as required to resolve disputes, comply with legal requests and obligations, and to enforce relevant legal agreements.
Lumiere Healing Centers was not designed for use by children ages 12 years old or younger, and Lumiere Healing Centers will not knowingly, nor purposefully collect the Personal Information of children ages 12 years old or younger. The guardian or parent of a child ages 12 years old or younger can use Lumiere Healing Centers services and products on behalf of said minor, and such adult has the responsibility to ensure that the minor’s Personal Information is maintained and submitted in a secure and accurate manner. Such adult is also fully responsible for interpreting and utilizing any information or advice provided through Lumiere Healing Centers for the benefit of the minor.
Contact Lumiere Healing Centers About Privacy Concerns
Lumiere Healing Centers can also be contacted via mail at:
7593 Tylers Pl Blvd
West Chester, OH 45069